School tax bills for the 2019-20 fiscal school year were mailed on June 28, 2019.
School taxes are billed annually and may be paid in four quarterly installments; installments may be prepaid. Installments are due as follows:
- Payment # 1: July 31, 2019
- Payment # 2: October 31, 2019
- Payment # 3: January 31, 2020
- Payment # 4: April 30, 2020
Duplicate bills are available from the district by calling (518) 843-3180 x 7405, x7409 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Bills printed from our “Search for Tax Information” page are accepted for payments.
In-person payments are not available at any location. Tax payments are NOT accepted at any bank or district building.
Approved forms of payment
- Taxpayers may bring with them a completed and signed personal check, money order, bank check, or certified check made payable to the Greater Amsterdam School District.
- GASD school taxes can be paid online with credit or debit cards. Please be advised there is a site service fee over and above the amount due to GASD that goes directly to the third party processor. Please review your payment carefully before submitting.
- E-check payments are now available at gasd.org for a flat fee of $4.95 per transaction up to $2,500. Follow the initial steps for making a payment. When your bill payment is in your cart, choose “Make a payment.” Select e-check payment, and you will be asked for your routing and account numbers. Please review your payment carefully before submitting.
Payments for the 2019-20 bills can also be mailed to:
Amsterdam City School Tax Payment
PO Box 14526
Albany, NY 12212-4526
After April 30, 2020, the 2019-20 Greater Amsterdam School tax bills will not be collected. Any amounts unpaid at that time will be turned over before May 31, 2020, to the appropriate jurisdiction for collection and/or enforcement based on the location of the parcels involved as follows:
- City of Amsterdam, Controller’s Office: (518) 841-4343
- Town of Amsterdam, Montgomery County Treasurer: (518) 853-8175
- Town of Florida, Montgomery County Treasurer: (518) 853-8175
- Town of Mohawk, Montgomery County Treasurer: (518) 853-8175
- Town of Perth, Fulton County Treasurer: (518) 736-5580
- Town of Charlton, Saratoga County Treasurer: (518) 884-4724
- Town of Duanesburg, Schenectady County Treasurer: (518) 388-4228
- Town of Glenville, Schenectady County Treasurer: (518) 388-4228
Please contact the appropriate Collector for exact amount(s) due.
If you have questions about your assessment, exemptions or address changes, please contact your local Assessor as follows:
- City of Amsterdam: (518) 841-4333
- Town of Amsterdam: (518) 842-7961
- Town of Florida: (518) 843-3032
- Town of Mohawk: (518) 853-1464
- Town of Perth: (518) 843-6977 x 26
- Town of Charlton: (518) 384-0152
- Town of Duanesburg: (518) 895-8412
- Town of Glenville: (518) 688-1200
For questions on your school tax bill, please call (518) 843-3180 x 7409 or x7405 or email email@example.com.