School tax bills for the 2020-21 fiscal school year were mailed on June 30, 2020. They are paid in four installments (see installment dates below). Penalties will accrue on late payments. Penalty amounts are shown on each bill. Please make checks or money orders payable to Greater Amsterdam School District , and mail payments to:
Greater Amsterdam School District
PO Box 14526
Albany, NY 12212
NO in-person payments will be allowed at the District Office at this time due to COVID-19 restrictions.
POSTMARK determines the date of payment. Last day for payment is April 30, 2021. Please pay the exact amount due. Overpayments and underpayments will delay the processing of your payment. Please review your check carefully before sealing the envelope. Refunds under $25 will not be processed.
Please check the small box [X] in the upper left hand corner of your tax stub if you would like a receipt by return mail. Tax payments will NOT be accepted at any bank of GASD location. NO in-person payments will be allowed at the District Office at this time due to COVID-19 restrictions.
School taxes are billed annually and may be paid in four quarterly installments; installments may be prepaid. Installments are due as follows:
- Payment # 1: July 31, 2020
- Payment # 2: Oct. 31, 2020
- Payment # 3: Jan. 31, 2021
- Payment # 4: April 30, 2021
For information on STAR exemption or STAR credit please visit the New York State Department of Tax and Finance website at http://www.tax.ny.gov/ or call (518) 457-2036 for more information.
Tax bill look up
You can access tax bills online for the current year on this website. Click here to do that. Bills printed from a computer WILL be accepted for payment. There is no longer a fee for a duplicate bill.
Approved forms of payment
- GASD school taxes can be paid online with credit or debit cards. Please be advised there is a site service fee over and above the amount due to GASD that goes directly to the third party processor. Please review your payment carefully before submitting it. Make online payment now.
- E-check payments are now available online at the link above for a flat fee of $4.95 per transaction up to $2,500. Follow the initial steps for making a payment. When your bill payment is in your cart, choose “Make a payment.” Select e-check payment, and you will be asked for your routing and account numbers. Please review your payment carefully before submitting it.
Late tax payments
After April 30, 2021, the 2020-21 Greater Amsterdam School tax bills will not be collected or payable to GASD. Any amounts unpaid at that time will be turned over before May 31, 2021, to the appropriate jurisdiction for collection and/or enforcement based on the location of the parcels involved as follows:
- City of Amsterdam, Controller’s Office: (518) 841-4324
- Towns of Amsterdam, Florida and Mohawk, Montgomery County Treasurer: (518) 853-8175
- Town of Perth, Fulton County Treasurer: (518) 736-5580
- Town of Charlton, Saratoga County Treasurer: (518) 884-4724
- Towns of Duanesburg and Glenville, Schenectady County Treasurer: (518) 388-4228
Please contact the appropriate Collector for exact amount(s) due.
If you have questions about your assessment, exemptions or address changes, please contact your local Assessor as follows:
- City of Amsterdam: (518) 841-4333
- Town of Amsterdam: (518) 842-7961
- Town of Florida: (518) 843-6372
- Town of Mohawk: (518) 853-1464
- Town of Perth: (518) 843-6977 x 26
- Town of Charlton: (518) 384-0152
- Town of Duanesburg: (518) 895-8412
- Town of Mohawk: (518) 853-1464
- Town of Glenville: (518) 688-1200
For School Tax Inquiries, duplicate bills or questions on your school tax bill, please call (518) 843-3180, Ext. 7409 or Ext. 7405 and leave a voicemail with a call back number or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.