School tax bills for the 2021-22 fiscal school year were mailed on June 30, 2021. They are paid in four installments (see installment dates below). Penalties will accrue on late payments. Penalty amounts are shown on each bill. Please make checks or money orders payable to Greater Amsterdam School District , and mail payments to:
Greater Amsterdam School District
PO Box 14526
Albany, NY 12212
The District will be accepting in-person GASD tax payments at the District Office/CAB Wing located at 140 Saratoga Avenue, Amsterdam, NY (for the first collection period of tax payments that are due July 31, 2021.) The in-person collection dates will be held, July 20, July 21, and July 22 from 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. and 2-4 p.m.. Limited parking is available in the lot on Miami Avenue. The District continues to follow safety protocols due to the COVID-19 pandemic so there will be limited access within the CAB building. Thank you for your understanding.
NO CASH will be collected. Completed and signed personal checks and money orders made payable to GASD or Greater Amsterdam School District will be accepted.
Payments received will be mailed to the Albany Tax Processing Unit for posting. After payments are posted (in Albany), receipts will be mailed to taxpayers.
POSTMARK determines the date of payment. Last day for payment is July 31, 2021 for the first installment due. Please pay the exact amount due. Overpayments and underpayments will delay the processing of your payment. Please review your check carefully before sealing the envelope. Refunds under $25 will not be processed.
Please check the small box [X] in the upper left hand corner of your tax stub if you would like a receipt by return mail. Tax payments will NOT be accepted at any bank of GASD location.
School taxes are billed annually and may be paid in four quarterly installments; installments may be prepaid. Installments are due as follows:
- Payment # 1: July 31, 2021
- Payment # 2: Oct. 31, 2021
- Payment # 3: Jan. 31, 2022
- Payment # 4: April 30, 2022
For information on STAR exemption or STAR credit please visit the New York State Department of Tax and Finance website at http://www.tax.ny.gov/ or call (518) 457-2036 for more information.
Tax bill look up
You can access tax bills online for the current year on this website. Click here to do that. Bills printed from a computer WILL be accepted for payment. There is no longer a fee for a duplicate bill.
Approved forms of payment
- GASD school taxes can be paid online with credit or debit cards. Please be advised there is a site service fee over and above the amount due to GASD that goes directly to the third party processor. Please review your payment carefully before submitting it. Make online payment now.
- E-check payments are now available online at the link above for a flat fee of $4.95 per transaction up to $2,500. Follow the initial steps for making a payment. When your bill payment is in your cart, choose “Make a payment.” Select e-check payment, and you will be asked for your routing and account numbers. Please review your payment carefully before submitting it.
Late tax payments
After April 30, 2022, the 2021-22 Greater Amsterdam School tax bills will not be collected or payable to GASD. Any amounts unpaid at that time will be turned over before May 31, 2022, to the appropriate jurisdiction for collection and/or enforcement based on the location of the parcels involved as follows:
- City of Amsterdam, Controller’s Office: (518) 841-4324
- Towns of Amsterdam, Florida and Mohawk, Montgomery County Treasurer: (518) 853-8175
- Town of Perth, Fulton County Treasurer: (518) 736-5580
- Town of Charlton, Saratoga County Treasurer: (518) 884-4724
- Towns of Duanesburg and Glenville, Schenectady County Treasurer: (518) 388-4228
Please contact the appropriate Collector for exact amount(s) due.
If you have questions about your assessment, exemptions or address changes, please contact your local Assessor as follows:
- City of Amsterdam: (518) 841-4333
- Town of Amsterdam: (518) 842-7961
- Town of Florida: (518) 843-6372
- Town of Mohawk: (518) 853-1464
- Town of Perth: (518) 843-6977 x 26
- Town of Charlton: (518) 384-0152
- Town of Duanesburg: (518) 895-8412
- Town of Mohawk: (518) 853-1464
- Town of Glenville: (518) 688-1200
For School Tax Inquiries, duplicate bills or questions on your school tax bill, please call (518) 843-3180, Ext. 7409 or Ext. 7405 and leave a voicemail with a call back number or email: email@example.com.