School tax bills for the 2019-20 fiscal school year were mailed on June 28, 2019.
School taxes are billed annually and may be paid in four quarterly installments; installments may be prepaid. Installments are due as follows:
- Payment # 1: July 31, 2019
- Payment # 2: Oct. 31, 2019
- Payment # 3: Jan. 31, 2020
- Payment # 4: April 30, 2020
Duplicate bills are available from the district by calling (518) 843-3180 x 7405, x7409 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Bills printed from our “Search for Tax Information” page are accepted for payments.
Tax payments are accepted at the District Office located at 140 Saratoga Ave. on the following designated dates:
- Monday, Jan. 13, 9:30 to noon and 2 to 4 p.m.
- Tuesday, Jan. 14,9:30 to noon and 2 to 4 p.m.
- Wednesday, Jan. 15, 9:30 to noon and 2 to 4 p.m.
- Monday, April 20, 9:30 to noon and 2 to 4 p.m.
- Tuesday, April 21, 9:30 to noon and 2 to 4 p.m.
- Wednesday, April 22, 9:30 to noon and 2 to 4 p.m.
Approved forms of payment
- Taxpayers may bring with them a completed and signed personal check, money order, bank check, or certified check made payable to the Greater Amsterdam School District.
- GASD school taxes can be paid online with credit or debit cards. Please be advised there is a site service fee over and above the amount due to GASD that goes directly to the third party processor. Please review your payment carefully before submitting it. Make online payment now.
- E-check payments are now available at gasd.org for a flat fee of $4.95 per transaction up to $2,500. Follow the initial steps for making a payment. When your bill payment is in your cart, choose “Make a payment.” Select e-check payment, and you will be asked for your routing and account numbers. Please review your payment carefully before submitting it.
Payments for the 2019-20 bills can also be mailed to:
Amsterdam City School Tax Payment
PO Box 14526
Albany, NY 12212-4526
After April 30, 2020, the 2019-20 Greater Amsterdam School tax bills will not be collected. Any amounts unpaid at that time will be turned over before May 31, 2020, to the appropriate jurisdiction for collection and/or enforcement based on the location of the parcels involved as follows:
- City of Amsterdam, Controller’s Office: (518) 841-4343
- Town of Amsterdam, Montgomery County Treasurer: (518) 853-8175
- Town of Florida, Montgomery County Treasurer: (518) 853-8175
- Town of Mohawk, Montgomery County Treasurer: (518) 853-8175
- Town of Perth, Fulton County Treasurer: (518) 736-5580
- Town of Charlton, Saratoga County Treasurer: (518) 884-4724
- Town of Duanesburg, Schenectady County Treasurer: (518) 388-4228
- Town of Glenville, Schenectady County Treasurer: (518) 388-4228
Please contact the appropriate Collector for exact amount(s) due.
If you have questions about your assessment, exemptions or address changes, please contact your local Assessor as follows:
- City of Amsterdam: (518) 841-4333
- Town of Amsterdam: (518) 842-7961
- Town of Florida: (518) 843-3032
- Town of Mohawk: (518) 853-1464
- Town of Perth: (518) 843-6977 x 26
- Town of Charlton: (518) 384-0152
- Town of Duanesburg: (518) 895-8412
- Town of Glenville: (518) 688-1200
For questions on your school tax bill, please call (518) 843-3180 x 7409 or x7405 or email email@example.com.