The Greater Amsterdam School District welcomes all students who live in the district to enroll in our schools.
Who Can Register
The student’s legal parent or guardian must be present during registration.
Students who are 5 years old and under 21 years of age who have not received a high school diploma and reside in the Greater Amsterdam School District are entitled to attend without the payment of tuition.
Students who become 6 years of age on or before the 1st of December in any school year are required to attend until the last day of session in the school year in which the student becomes 16 years of age.
Pre-K programs: Children who are district residents, and who are 4 years old on or before Dec. 1, will be eligible to register for a PreK program.
How to Register
Proofs of Ages
A birth certificate is an acceptable proof of age document.
Other examples of documentation that can be used include:
- State or other government issued ID (ex. Passport including a foreign passport)
- School photo ID with date of birth
- Consulate identification card
- Military dependent ID card
- Native American tribal document
- Record(s) from non-profit international aid agencies and voluntary agencies
- Student’s official driver’s license or permit
Proofs of residency
Those registering must provide two proofs of residency. Examples of that are as follows:
- Pay stub with address
- Income tax form
- Deed or lease to house or apartment
- House purchase agreement
- Utility or other bills sent to the student’s home address
- Voter registration document
- Official driver’s license, learner’s permit or non-drive I.D.
- Government issued ID with address
- Notarized statement from landlord
- Tax bill
Other forms that are accepted if applicable
- Custody papers
- IEP documents