Amsterdam High School is a safe and respectful learning community where students and teachers collaborate to engage, support and prepare all students for success.
School Improvement Plan
Amsterdam High School prepares every student to graduate college and career ready.
One way in which we are working to achieve that is through the school’s Comprehensive Education Plan (SCEP ), a unique plan, refined annually, that defines a school’s targeted work to raise achievement for all of its students. These plans are the driving force behind the district’s Theory of Action in our district’s Strategic Plan.
The plan is mandated by New York state to appear on the district website.
Regular Bell Schedule
- Period 1: 7:52 a.m. to 8:32 a.m.
- Announcements: 8:32 a.m. to 8:34 a.m.
- Period 2: 8:38 a.m. to 9:18 a.m.
- Period 3: 9:22 a.m. to 10:02 a.m.
- Period 4: 10:06 a.m. to 10:46 a.m.
- Period 5: 10:50 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- Period 6: 11:34 a.m. to 12:14 p.m.
- Period 7: 12:18 p.m. to 12:58 p.m.
- Period 8: 1:02 p.m. to 1:42 p.m.
- Period 9: 1:46 p.m. to 2:26 p.m.
2-Hour Delay Bell Schedule
- Period 1: 9:52 a.m. to 10:19 a.m.
- Announcements: 10:19 a.m. to 10:21 a.m.
- Period 2: 10:24 a.m. to 10:51 a.m.
- Period 3: 10:54 a.m. to 11:21 a.m.
- Period 4: 11:24 a.m. to 11:51 a.m.
- Period 5: 11:55 a.m. to 12:22 a.m.
- Period 6: 12:26 a.m. to 12:53 p.m.
- Period 7: 12:57 p.m. to 1:24 p.m.
- Period 8: 1:28 p.m. to 1:55 p.m.
- Period 9: 1:59 p.m. to 2:26 p.m.
Code of Conduct
The purpose of Amsterdam High School’s Code of Conduct is to provide a plain language summary to parents, students, school personnel and community members. This summary is a guide regarding students’ rights and responsibilities. In addition, it provides a code of behavior for students, along with a range of potential and/or specific consequences for unacceptable behavior.
Clubs and Activities
At AHS we believe extracurricular activities play an important role contributing to the culture of our school. Amsterdam High School is proud to offer a variety of different clubs and organizations. Faculty members serve as club advisers, giving students the opportunity to develop relationships with teachers in extracurricular settings.
Students are encouraged to participate in activities which compliment, supplement and enhance their experiences in the classroom and in interscholastic sports, which creates a well-rounded high school experience.