Breakfast and Lunch for Students
The Greater Amsterdam School District is committed to continuing to serve our students meals during the scheduled school closure. The District will provide “grab and go” meals to students during the school closure period. The following schools are open from 11 a.m.- 1 p.m., weekdays throughout the school closure:
- Amsterdam High School;
- Lynch Literacy Academy;
- Tecler Elementary School;
- United Presbyterian Church is no longer a meal distribution site as of March 24.
- Additionally two school buses are sent out into the community to distribute meals each day:
Meal Deliveries by School Bus
- Bus 1 stops at the Creative Connections Clubhouse parking lot on East Main Street from 11 to 11:40 a.m. The second stop is at the Housing Authority on Division Street from 11:50 a.m. to 12:20 p.m. The third stop is at Colonial Square Apartments from 12:35 – 1 p.m.
- Bus 2 stops at the five corners (Rt. 67/Church Street) from 11 to 11:40 a.m. The second stop is at Veterans Field to distribute meals from 11:50 a.m. to 12:20 p.m. The third stop is at Woodrow Wilson Apartments from 12:35 to 1 p.m.
- Bus 3 for families living in the southend stops at Knights Inn from 11 to 11:45 a.m. The second stop is the parking lot corner of Center Street and Bridge Street from noon to 12:45 p.m.
Lunch for the current day and breakfast for the following day will be available to district students at these locations. Only one meal per student (one breakfast & one lunch) will be provided each day to ensure availability for each and every student. The District will have tents at each location for “drive-thru” like service to keep you safe as well as District staff members.
Please look for a representative or sign indicating where meals can be picked up at the above locations. Your student will need to provide their name and school they attend. If your student is not with you, you still will need to provide the student’s name and school they attend.
The district is making all efforts to meet the needs of all of our families during this challenging time. Please understand that we will estimate the number of meals for each location and may need to adjust production accordingly based on student participation. We may have a limited number of meals available until we have determined what student participation and demands dictate after the first few days of operation. Please know that we will adjust accordingly to meet the needs of our students.
Our No. 1 goal is to ensure each and every student is provided with a meal and we will do our best to make this happen. These are uncharted waters for all of us, so please rest assured the District will adapt as quickly as we can to accommodate our children. If you have any questions or concerns, the District has established an email email@example.com
Please feel free to reach out to us and we will get back to you as quickly as possible.