The Greater Amsterdam School District subscribes to the philosophy that public schools are owned and operated by and for its patrons, and that the schools are an integral part of the community. GASD recognizes that its buildings and facilities are a valuable asset to the community.
Use of school facilities by community groups is encouraged for worthwhile purposes when such use does not interfere with regular school activities. The Board of Education also believes that the policy of community use of school facilities should place a minimum burden on the taxpayers of the district.
Use Our Online Reservation System to Reserve Facilities
- Click here to log in to your account to place facilities request.
- Wait for email of approval/denial of your facilities request. To check on the status of your request, log in to your account and click on the request history tab.
- When a request has been approved, an electronic contract will be sent to the requester. Sign the electronic contract with the PIN you created for your account.
If you have questions, contact the building secretary of the facility you are trying to reserve.
- Amsterdam Recorder
- City of Amsterdam
- FM Chamber of Commerce
- MCT Federal Credit Union
- Montgomery County
- Real estate in the district
- Resource Center for Independent Living
- St. Mary’s Hospital
The Greater Amsterdam School District is proud to offer an extensive Continuing Education program for district residents. Non-residents are also welcome to attend classes. Additionally, GASD offers several classes at a discount for district residents, age 65 or over, or 55 and retired.
Call Courtney Gawlak at 518-843-3180 x 7000 or email her at email@example.com.
Hall of Fame
The mission of the Greater Amsterdam School District Hall of Fame is to recognize individuals who have distinguished themselves by their contribution in their field of work, study or athletics.
The Greater Amsterdam School District created the Parent Liaison position to enhance communication between home and school by providing information about resources and options available for your child.
The district’s current Parent Liaison is Sra. Tanya M. Lopez-Mendez, a Spanish-speaking resource for parents in the district.
Some of the services our Parent Liaison provides include the following:
- Assistance contacting GASD teachers, administration staff, or departments;
- Spanish language translations for parents;
- Referrals for community services;
- Assistance with understanding any GASD notice or communication sent home to parents;
- Promotion of GASD events, and reminders of those events to parents;
- Resource for parents to get more information of available programs, clubs, sports for your families; and
- Home visits: assisting GASD staff to communicate with families.
Sra. Tanya M. Lopez-Mendezis always looking for parents to be more involved at their child’s school. If you’re interested in volunteering (or have any other requests, questions or concerns), please contact her at 518-207-1123 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Parent Teacher Organizations
- Lynch Literacy Academy PTO
- Marie Curie Institute PTO
- Barkley Elementary PTO
- Tecler Elementary PTO
- McNulty Academy PTO
Nutritious free meals are available for children and teens 18 and younger at many locations throughout the summer while school is out of session. Please visit the USDA website to find a location near you. Enter zip code 12010 for locations in Amsterdam.
GASD school taxes can now be paid online with credit or debit cards. Please be advised there is a site service fee over and above the amount due to GASD that goes directly to the third party processor. Please review your payment carefully before submitting.
- Click here to look up your tax bill online.
- Learn how to make an online tax payment here.
- Make an online tax payment here.
- Learn more about the budget here.
- Learn more about school tax information here.