Aquatics | Building Use | Community Announcements | Community Resources | Continuing Education | Hall of Fame | Parent Liaison | Parent Teacher Organizations | Taxpayer Information | YMCA Before/After School Care
There are several opportunities for community members to use the pool at Lynch Literacy Academy.
- A.M. Swim: 6-7:30 a.m. Tuesday & Thursday
- Aqua Aerobics: 6-7 p.m. Tuesday & Thursday
The Greater Amsterdam School District subscribes to the philosophy that public schools are owned and operated by and for its patrons, and that the schools are an integral part of the community. GASD recognizes that its buildings and facilities are a valuable asset to the community.
Use of school facilities by community groups is encouraged for worthwhile purposes when such use does not interfere with regular school activities. The Board of Education also believes that the policy of community use of school facilities should place a minimum burden on the taxpayers of the district.
Use Our Online Reservation System to Reserve Facilities
- Click here to log in to your account to place facilities request.
- Wait for email of approval/denial of your facilities request. To check on the status of your request, log in to your account and click on the request history tab.
- When a request has been approved, an electronic contract will be sent to the requester. Sign the electronic contract with the PIN you created for your account.
We will no longer be distributing flyers via email for community-sponsored events. Instead, we hope you’ll take a minute to make your flyer web-friendly by carving out the basics. You’ll find a round up of those here.
- Amsterdam Recorder
- City of Amsterdam
- FM Chamber of Commerce
- MCT Federal Credit Union
- Montgomery County
- Real estate in the district
- St. Mary’s Hospital
The Greater Amsterdam School District is proud to offer an extensive Continuing Education program for district residents. Non-residents are also welcome to attend classes. Additionally, GASD offers several classes at a discount for district residents, age 65 or over, or 55 and retired.
Call Courtney Gawlak at 518-843-3180 x 7000 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hall of Fame
The mission of the Greater Amsterdam School District Hall of Fame is to recognize individuals who have distinguished themselves by their contribution in their field of work, study or athletics.
The Greater Amsterdam School District created the Parent Liaison position to enhance communication between home and school by providing information about resources and options available for your child.
The district’s current Parent Liaison is Sra. Fabrizia Rodriguez, a Spanish-speaking resource for parents in the district. Sra. Rodriguez is a mother of two boys in the district, an immigration attorney in Amsterdam, and owner/manager of El Coqui Transportation. She has lived in Amsterdam since 2011.
Some of the services Sra. Rodriguez provides include the following:
- Assistance contacting GASD teachers, administration staff, or departments;
- Spanish language translations for parents;
- Referrals for community services;
- Assistance with understanding any GASD notice or communication sent home to parents;
- Promotion of GASD events, and reminders of those events to parents;
- Resource for parents to get more information of available programs, clubs, sports for your families; and
- Home visits: assisting GASD staff to communicate with families.
Sra. Rodriquez is always looking for parents to be more involved at their child’s school. If you’re interested in volunteering (or have any other requests, questions or concerns), please contact her at email@example.com or call/text her at 518-866-5622.
Parent Teacher Organizations
- Lynch Literacy Academy PTO
- Marie Curie Institute PTO
- Barkley Elementary PTO
- Tecler Elementary PTO
- McNulty Academy PTO
GASD school taxes can now be paid online with credit or debit cards. (Find instructions about how to make those online payments here.) Please be advised there is a site service fee over and above the amount due to GASD that goes directly to the third party processor. Please review your payment carefully before submitting.
- Click here to look up your tax bill online.
- Learn how to make an online tax payment here.
- Make an online tax payment here.
- Learn more about the budget here.
- Learn more about school tax information here.
YMCA Before/After Care
Southern Saratoga YMCA provides affordable and enriching programming for children before and after school. Each program is licensed by the Office of Children and Family Services and follows guidelines put forth by them. They strive to enhance each child’s education with theme-based activities which includes STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics), music, art, literacy, cultural experiences, and much more. In addition to our enrichments, the Y also offers homework and academic assistance, a nutritious snack, a variety of learning centers, the opportunity to socialize with friends and participate in sports and other gym activities. We strive to provide the children with opportunities that may not be available to them in other parts of their day.
Before school programs (Curie, Barkley)
- 7 a.m. to bus pick-up
- Full-time, monthly rate: $100
- Part-time (up to three-days a week) monthly rate: $75
After school programs (Curie, Barkley)
- Dismissal to 6 p.m.
- Full-time, monthly rate: $205
- Part-time (up to three-days a week) monthly rate: $155