The Greater Amsterdam School District is proud to offer an extensive Continuing Education program for district residents. Non-residents are also welcome to attend classes. Call Courtney Gawlak at 518-843-3180 x 7000 or email her at [email protected]
Classes are open to school district residents and non-district residents. Preference is given to Amsterdam residents for space-limited classes.
Registration: All participants must be pre-registered. In fairness to our instructors, building staff, and other registrants, we do not accept registrations on a “walk-in” basis the first night of a class. Complete a registration form for each class. Make out a check or money order payable to Greater Amsterdam School District. We do not accept credit cards or cash.
There are two ways to register: in person at the District Office or by mail.
Mail registration with payment to:
Continuing Education Program
Greater Amsterdam School District
PO Box 309
Amsterdam, NY 12010
Bring your registration and payment to the Central Administration offices during office hours. Please note the Central Administration offices are now located in the BACK of Amsterdam High School. Parking available behind the gym.
- Fees vary from class to class.
- The district is pleased to offer reduced fees to seniors for the courses. To qualify for a senior discount you must be age 65 or over, or 55 and retired.
- We do not prorate program fees based on attendance.
- Typically, refunds are issued for program-cancelled classes only.
- We DO NOT confirm your registration. We will notify you only if your registration cannot be accepted (i.e. if a class is full or has been canceled).