The Greater Amsterdam School District is eager to consider applications from traditionally underrepresented groups and individuals who believe in the critical importance of diversity in the life of a school.
The Greater Amsterdam School District is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
All inquiries and application materials should be sent to:
Greater Amsterdam School District
140 Saratoga Ave.
Amsterdam, NY 12010
Dr. Michele Downing, Assistant Superintendent
Middle School Assistant Principal (11 Months)
Opening beginning August 1, 2019.
General Requirements –
- The Assistant Principal should possess qualities of leadership essential to the successful administration of a middle school;
- The Assistant Principal must have the ability to work harmoniously and effectively with teachers, parents, and administration;
- The Assistant Principal must have an educational background and experience commensurate with the position;
- The Assistant Principal must have the ability to achieve and maintain an efficient school environment including effective supervision and evaluation of staff.
Minimum Requirements –
- Applicants must hold, or be eligible for School Building Leader (SBL) or New York State School Administrator and Supervisor (SAS) certification;
- Three years of successful experience as a full-time teacher;
- Demonstrated active participation in school activities including parent groups, faculty committees, and school planning teams.
Submit cover letter and resume on OLAS www.olasjobs.org. No paper copies will be accepted. Internal applicants need only submit a letter of interest and resume to the Office of Personnel.
Submit by April 26, 2019
- Kindergarten Teacher
- Kindergarten DCT Special Education Teacher
- Mathematics Teacher
- Social Studies Teacher
*MUST have certification in the subject area.
Submit by April 26, 2019
School Business Offical – District Office
Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree (Master’s Preferred); Minimum 5 years experience in business/finance related field; eligible for NYS Certification as SDA, SBA, SDBL, or for Civil Service appointment as a School Business Official; Supervisory experience preferred.
Reports to: Superintendent of Schools.
Supervises: Business office staff, Food services operations, Operations, and Maintenance.
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
Start date: July 5, 2019.
Submit by April 25, 2019
Registered Nurse RN – LLA
Submit by April 19, 2019
Substitute Bus Drivers – Annex
Internal applicants may send a letter of interest to email@example.com. All other applicants must fill out a GASD non-teaching application, which can be downloaded at right.