The Greater Amsterdam School District is excited to offer two new Medicare Advantage Plans (MAP) as an alternative to your current Medicare health insurance options for District Retirees and their spouses age 65 and over who have District health insurance and Medicare Part A & B coverage. The open enrollment period is in effect through Feb. 5, 2021 for the plans which will go into effect on March 1, 2021.
Eligible retirees and spouses will have the option to select either a CDPHP PPO Medicare Advantage Plan or an MVP PPO Medicare Advantage Plan as an alternative to your Empire PPO MAP plan that is currently offered, this option also includes those who are still on the Blue Shield Medicare commercial plan. These programs are being offered on a voluntary basis. All the MAP programs offer substantially similar benefits to your current health insurance program (i.e., free gym memberships, eyeglass hardware allowance, hearing aid allowance and more. These two new offerings have similar copays and benefits and may save you significant monthly premium.
A comparison of the plans can be downloaded and printed below. Applications are available at the GASD Business Office which can be emailed to you per your request and downloaded and printed below. Please explore the plans, applications and all the options.
Representatives from CDPHP, Ashley Spath at email@example.com (518) 641-5154 and MVP, Danielle Wilson, firstname.lastname@example.org (518) 386-7774 as well as Sara Jones email@example.com at the District Office and Chris Knauf at firstname.lastname@example.org are available to help explain the Medicare Advantage programs in much greater detail and answer any questions you may have.
Downloadable MAP Forms and Other Information
- GASD Medicare Advantage Plan Informational Letter
- GASD Medicare Advantage Plan CDPHP Rates
- GASD Medicare Advantage Plan Amsure Rates
- Empire Mediblue Freedom PPO Enrollment Form
- Capital Area Schools Health Insurance Consortium (CASHIC) Sample Enrollment Form
- Capital Area Schools Health Insurance Consortium (CASHIC) Actual Enrollment Form
- GASD USACare – Premier with Part D Employer Group 2021 Benefits – MVP Health Care
- CDPHP® Medicare Advantage Group PPO Cost-Share Grid
- 2021 CDPHP® Medicare Advantage RIDER FOR GROUP MEDICARE DENTAL COVERAGE
- 2021 CDPHP® Medicare Advantage Rider for Group Medicare Pharmacy Coverage