The district is committed to providing access to technology and connectivity for both in-person and remote learning models. This includes:
- Providing Chromebooks or iPads to students for use at home during remote learning model. Research on families in need of devices was conducted during remote learning under school closures last spring and will continue to be updated for 2020-21 school year.
- School principals will continue to communicate with students and families to ascertain need for computer devices and Internet access for learning. District Parent Liaison will be made available to help with translation for the district’s Spanish speaking population.
- Offering Google Classroom Meet sessions that provide both a video chat and a call-in feature for students without Internet access.
- In the event of full remote learning, the district will deploy Internet hotspot locations throughout the district for use by students and staff who do not have home Internet access.
- The district will supply information to families in need about free Internet services offered during COVID-19 by local providers such as Spectrum.
- The district website will continue to offer video and narrative step-by-step technology resources to students and families regarding use of remote learning platforms and programs from home.