Dear grades 6-12 families,
We want to thank you for your flexibility and support in helping students continue learning during these unprecedented times. As you know, out of the necessity of the moment, we have moved rapidly toward remote learning.
As of April 1st, we began implementing online learning through google classroom. Teachers will post assignments for the week every Monday morning and students are expected to complete all assignments and activities by the end of the week. Although all assignments and activities are posted on Mondays, we suggest students work throughout the week based on their schedule and learning needs. Please click here for 6-8; please click here for 9-12.
Please see below for remote learning expectations:
- Students are expected to check their emails, daily. This is our primary method of communication. As assignments are added to google classroom, students will receive an email.
- Students are expected to check each teacher’s google classroom for additional resources, daily.
- Students are expected to complete all google classroom activities and assignments, as posted by each teacher.
- Students are expected to communicate with teachers when they have questions using email or office hours.
There are many resources on the GASD website (www.gasd.org) for students and families. In particular, there are directions for logging into google classroom, how to login to a chromebook, as well as troubleshooting when technology is not working.
- If your child needs a chromebook, please stop by school between 11am and 1pm. Please note, for LLA and AHS students you must go to the school that they attend. If this window of time does not work with your schedule, please contact the school to make alternate arrangements.
- If you do not have internet at home, please call the school for additional support and resources.
We recognize that this is a stressful and challenging situation. We’re here to support each other and know that many people are balancing personal and professional responsibilities. We would like to remind you of something that we often tell our students: All we can do is our best. We’ll get through this together.
Elizabeth Hanan, LLA principal
Tyrone O’Meally, AHS principal