Welcome to the MCI Elementary Media Center!
The MCI Media Center provides a space for students to explore their own interests and choose their own reading materials! Stop by and see what’s going on at the MCI Elementary Media Center.
Laura Campagna is the Media Specialist at MCI. Her favorite book is Little Women (young), anything by Toni Morrison or Amy Tan (older).
The library is open from 8:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.
The MCI Media Center uses an online catalog powered by HFM BOCES, that can help you find the library’s resources by title, author, subject, series, call number, and keyword search. You can also access the catalog from computers in the school’s classrooms or computers at home.
The MCI Media Center houses more than 16,000 titles. Students are typically scheduled to visit the library every four days for class and book exchange.
Students may exchange their books every four (4) days. They may keep their books for up to two weeks before they must renew them by bringing them back into the library for scanning. Books may be renewed up to two times before they must be returned to the library.
Overdue/Lost Book Policy
If a student has one overdue book, he/she may not take out another book until the overdue one is returned.
- Students are expected to treat each other and the contents of the library as they would like to be treated themselves.
- No gum is allowed.
- Internet research computers and Chromebooks must be used for educational purposes only.
- Parents/guardians, please find an appropriate and safe place for each child to keep library books.
- Library materials should be kept as they were found, returned when due and shared! Together we can encourage MCI students to be responsible patrons and to respect a collection available to all in the MCI community.
- Help your child to develop good library habits and a love for reading that will develop into a lifetime appreciation of books. Family use and respect for reading materials will help a child be successful in and out of the classroom.