PreK through Grade 5 students attend school from 8:40 a.m. to 3:10 p.m.
The school day at Barkley begins at 8:40 a.m. Students should not be dropped off prior to the 8:15 a.m. supervised arrival time. For building security, school doors will be locked at 8:40 a.m. Any child arriving after 8:40 a.m. will need to be signed in at the main office by a parent or guardian. When there is a delay in the start of the school day, breakfast will not be served.
Arrival and Dismissal Procedures
- Drop off/Pick up: Students who are dropped off prior to 8:40 a.m. do not need to be signed in at the main office. When dropping students off, you must use either the upper parking lot or the path on Destefano Street. Students may walk down the path and up the sidewalk to the main entrance. It is recommended that parents escort their children to the front doors when dropping students off.
- Drivers are reminded that the designated fire lanes, as well as the bus drop-off area, must be kept open at all times. If vehicles are parked in these areas, they will be asked to move. Please park only in designated parking spaces. The upper parking lot is designated for parents and visitors.
- Handicapped drivers with a valid handicapped permit will be admitted to the parking lot.
- Crosswalks: At times the crossing guard is not at the cross walk due to unforeseen circumstances, it is recommended that parents walk their child/ren to the front doors to ensure their safety when crossing the crosswalk.
Walker and Parent Pick-Up Dismissal Times:
- PreK: 2:50 p.m.
- Kindergarten: 2:50 p.m.
- First grade: 2:50 p.m.
- Second grade: 3 p.m.
- Third grade: 3 p.m.
- Fourth grade: 3 p.m.
- Fifth grade: 3 p.m.
Bus students start dismissing at 3 p.m.
Pick up locations:
- PreK, Kindergarten and Grade 1: Gym door
- Grades 2-5: Cafeteria doors
Half Day – Early Dismissal Time:
- 11:40 a.m.
The mission of Barkley MicroSociety is to create a safe and welcoming environment that allows students to become independent thinkers and problem solvers. Students will be empowered to use choice to expand their learning opportunities in order to reach their highest potential.
To meet this mission, we will:
- Invite parent involvement
- Encourage a community of respect
- Develop responsible citizens
- Promote cooperation
- Foster integrity
I will become what I choose to be.
I will be a leader not a follower.
I will be kind and respect others.
I will be the best me I can be.
Clubs & Activities
- Student Government
- Fitness Program
- Robotics Club