Welcome to the Barkley Elementary School Media Center!
The Barkley Media Center provides a space for students to explore their own interests and choose their own reading materials! Stop by and see what’s going on at the Barkley Elementary Media Center.
Meet the Staff
Rachel Jeffers is currently serving as the Librarian at Barkley Elementary School.
Tania Molina Ramos
Tania Molina Ramos is currently serving as the Library Aide at Barkley Elementary School. Her favorite book is the Hobbit.
Hours of Operation
The library is open from 8:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.
The Barkley Media Center uses an online catalog powered by HFM BOCES – School Library System, that can help you find the library’s resources by title, author, subject, series, call number, and keyword search. You can also access the catalog from computers in the school’s classrooms or computers at home.
Students may exchange their books every four (4) days. They may keep their books for up to two weeks before they must renew them by bringing them back into the library for scanning. Books may be renewed up to two times before they must be returned to the library.
Overdue/Lost Book Policy
If a student has one overdue book, he/she may not take out another book until the overdue one is returned.
- Students are expected to treat each other and the contents of the library as they would like to be treated themselves.
- No gum is allowed.
- Internet research computers and Chromebooks must be used for educational purposes only.
- Parents/guardians, please find an appropriate and safe place for each child to keep library books.
- Library materials should be kept as they were found, returned when due and shared! Together we can encourage Barkley students to be responsible patrons and to respect a collection available to all in the Barkley community.
- Help your child to develop good library habits and a love for reading that will develop into a lifetime appreciation of books. Family use and respect for reading materials will help a child be successful in and out of the classroom.